15 October 2015

Halloween Tag

I was  tagged by the avant garde The Mutant Stomp Friends who knows how to brew the eerie and fashionable for this lovely Halloween tag.
The thing is, like every October, I couldn´t give a shit about Halloween since I grew up in Israel, and we do not celebrate it there. We do have our own Jewish costume holiday called Purim which is celebrated in Spring, but it´s not spooky.
But let´s give this a try:

THIRTEEN QUESTIONS HALLOWEEN TAG!!!
 
                                                     /.
                                                 __ / |
                                                 \   " '-.
                            ..--'''-._            > `-'.'
                         ,-'      _.--'          /.-). |
                  _    _'       ,'              '   | `'
                  |  .'|     __/    _         __    |
                  |=)==|  .--||--.  |--. __   /     |
        .         |/|  |/    ||   \ |   \ \  /  _   |   _,.
       / \        | |  ||    ||   | |   |  \/ ,/ '.-'-./.--, /\
   .--' " '-.    :| |  | `--'||--'/\|--'   /   ,-(  oo )'.--'" `-.
    '. `-'_/   _ |  |      _ '|.-' "|-.. _/   / /'`'-'`'\ `.`-' .-'
      |/'.|    | '  /_  _  | \|'-.`-|.'   `   ` `.|      ` |.'. |
      '   |====| '.--|  |  | .--.|._)| _   _  _.' | _          `|
          |    |/ \| |  |  |/    \.||  | .' \'.'`\  |.--.
          |    ||  | |  |  ||    | ||--|'|---'|---' |   |
          |    | `--'|  |  | `--'  |/\ | \  _ \ /_  |   |
                   | '. |          '| '|  `-'  `-'  |   |
           .   ,_  |   `._          |        ,'
           /\___,\.'--./`--._       |    mx-' /`.._
        ..' "  / ( oo  )'`\, `'--...|.--'` -'' "  /
         `.`-' '/'`'-'`'`-,         |       `.`-' \
          |.-'.\`'                  |       /_.''-.\
          '     '               _   |   _  '`
                             _.'_\.-'-.' \,
                             ,/' (  oo ).'-,
                                /'`'-'`'\ 
                               ` 

FAVORITE HALLOWEEN SONG: I guess something rock/goth-abilly? It would sound appropriate. Or anything by The Ghastly Ones


WITCH OR VAMPIRE? Witch, because Samhain, which is perhaps the only reason for me to get into the holiday spirit. And because I read Tarot and practice I guess.
         =/\                 /\=
         / \'._   (\_/)   _.'/ \       (_                   _)
        / .''._'--(o.o)--'_.''. \       /\                 /\
       /.' _/ |`'=/ " \='`| \_ `.\     / \'._   (\_/)   _.'/ \
      /` .' `\;-,'\___/',-;/` '. '\   /_.''._'--('.')--'_.''._\
     /.-'       `\(-V-)/`       `-.\  | \_ / `;=/ " \=;` \ _/ |
                  "   "               \/  `\__|`\___/`|__/`  \/
                   (,_    ,_,    _,)   `       \(/|\)/       `
                   /|\`-._( )_.-'/|\            " ` "
                  / | \`'-/ \-'`/ | \         _   ,_,   _
                 /  |_.'-.\ /.-'._|  \       / `'=) (='` \
                /_.-'      "      `-._\     /.-.-.\ /.-.-.\
        /\                 /\               `      "      `
       / \'._   (\_/)   _.'/ \            =/\                 /\=
      /_.''._'--('.')--'_.''._\           / \'._   (\_/)   _.'/ \
      | \_ / `;=/ " \=;` \ _/ |          / .''._'--(e.e)--'_.''. \
       \/ `\__|`\___/`|__/` \/          /.' _/ |`'=/ " \='`| \_ `.\
        `      \(/|\)/      `          /` .' `\;-,'\___/',-;/` '. '\
                " ` "                 /.-'       `\(/V\)/`       `-.\
            ,   ,_,   ,               `            "   "            `
           / `'=) (='` \       (,_    ,_,    _,)
          /.-.-.\ /.-.-.\      /|\`-._( )_.-'/|\
          `     `V`     `     / | \`-'/ \'-`/ | \
                             /__|.-'`-\ /-`'-.|__\
                            `          "          `

FAVORITE THING ABOUT HALLOWEEN? I do not know, I do not care about it. But regarding costume holidays, I would suggest the ability to dress up like "myself" walking on the streets of my town in Israel in freedom and peace because nobody will curse me from their car window while driving me by, since I am wearing a "costume" (was still called a whore a couple of times though for wearing ripped tights, but that has nothing to do with the holiday, that´s just Israel for you).

Me and my brother, Purim 2012. He was a Zombie, I was myself.
We have a tradition in our family to take a costume picture on the lawn in front of the house. The holiday is happening in Spring, a time where everything is still green from Wintertime, is will be all burned-yellow by Summer.
Fun Fact: my brother is now 16 and is 2 head higher than me. No shit.

HALLOWEEN PARTY OR SCARY MOVIE MARATHON? Party, because booze and friends. Though I have never attended a costume party in my life, sounds uncomfortable with all the mess on you trying to dance or whatever.

SKELETONS OR ZOMBIES: Skeletons, I think zombies are overrated.

(                                (
                )           )        (                   )
              (                       )      )            .---.
          )              (     .-""-.       (        (   /     \
         ( .-""-.  (      )   / _  _ \        )       )  |() ()|
          / _  _ \   )        |(_\/_)|  .---.   (        (_ 0 _)
          |(_)(_)|  ( .---.   (_ /\ _) /     \    .-""-.  |xxx|
          (_ /\ _)   /     \   |v==v|  |<\ />|   / _  _ \ '---'
           |wwww|    |(\ /)|(  '-..-'  (_ A _)   |/_)(_\|
           '-..-'    (_ o _)  )  .---.  |===|    (_ /\ _)
                      |===|  (  /     \ '---'     |mmmm|
                  jgs '---'     |{\ /}|           '-..-'
                                (_ V _)
                                 |"""|
                                 '---'

FAVORITE HALLOWEEN CANDY: Oh I have a good one- on Purim we have this triangle cookie with sweet poppy cream inside and it´s amazing. It is supposed to represent an ear because of the interesting story behind it.

Source

FAVORITE HALLOWEEN MOVIE: Edward Scissorhands.

FAVORITE HALLOWEEN COSTUME: Being able to look like a member of some kind of subculture without feeling anxious on the streets.


I have always helped my brother with his costumes. This is us in Purim 2011, and we are both dressed up as our babybat years.
FAVORITE HALLOWEEN STORE: We do not have them in Israel. Only toy stores sell accessories and stuff and it´s nice to look at, I used to buy my yearly black lipstick at those kind of sales, and was looking for studded bracelets when I was in my early teens.

JACK-O-LANTERNS, YES OR NO? Why not, they look nice and I love pumpkin.



                   /  /
                  /  (
          ____   /   \  ,____
      ,_--    `\/_____\/     --_
    ,/         ,/ / \ \         `\
/ /___\ / \ /___\ \
/ ,/ / \ `\ `\ / . / / \ `\ . \ / / \ / \ / \ \ / / / \ \ \ / / / _____ \ \ \ ( ( ( \ / ) ) ) \ \ \ \ / / / / \ \ \ ` / / / \ __ \ . \ . / . /,__ / \ \ `\ / \ / \ / \ / / / \ \ \/ \/ \/ \/ / ,/ `\_ \___________________/ ,_/ `\_____\___\_/___/_____/



BATS OR BLACK CATS? Bats, I am allergic to cats.

IS HALLOWEEN YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY? I do NOT celebrate Halloween!!!! Purim was my favorite holiday though, always.

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE OR HOT CHOCOLATE? I have tried my ever first PSL only last week, and it is so overrated. So I will go with hot chocolate. Or better- ribbos tea with honey :P


I need to tag 5 bloggers who probably have been tagged already. So tagt yourselves!!

So much for blast from the past! I am off to Wroclaw for 2 days of Return To The Batcave! Hope to see some of you there! Let´s have a blast!

N. Finsternis

6 comments:

  1. Oh yay, so I'm not the only one on this side of the internet who doesn't give a damn about Halloween >D
    I need to read a bit about Purim, though. I have heard the name before, but I don't know what kind of holiday is it, not to mention I'd never guess it involved dressing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wikipedia it, there's some info about the story behind it, it's like an ancient jewish folk tale or something.

      Delete
  2. 'TAG YOURSELF' this reads a bit angry to me *lol* I thiiiink i remember hearing about purim during my apprenticeship though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course it is angry! i encourage everyone to be assertive about the tag! :D

      Delete
  3. You and your bro are awesome. Those cookies look yummy too... Haven't heard of Purim. Interesting how different cultures have different festivals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don´t know how much american Jews actually celebrate this holiday, it would be interesting if they would.

      Delete