29 July 2014

We are engaged!

After almost 8 years of friendship and love Boris proposed to me in our favorite "all you can eat" sushi bar. I couldn´t wipe the smile off my face for the entire day yesterday!!!!

It´s funny, since we´ve been talking about it for a long time now, not in an awkward way at all, because since our 1 month anniversary I knew we will be together forever and that I have found the only one in my life!
Yet still I was so surprised and excited...

Fun Fact: since we stuff ourselves like pigs in that "all you can eat" place we were joking for a while now that we should get married there. Well there you have it XD

Of course with no further ado, the ring:


Fun Fact 2: the ring is big on me, which is okay since it´s impossible to find a ring for my skeleton fingers! Like I seriously can wear only children sized rings. Boris said this was the smallest size, and it still so funny because I have predicted long ago that this would happen XD I would go to a goldsmith to make it smaller since I love it so much I want to wear it with pride and never take it off!

So much for good news! I actually didn´t know what engaged meant until now lol. One thing for sure, Boris and I are so happy we are far away from all our relatives and probably won´t do anything ceremonial for the wedding. We hate that crap, I hate wedding dresses (nor do I love most of my relatives and the ones I would love to invite are in Uzbekistan from my mother´s side anyway).
Next step is to figure out the bureaucratic procedure which should definitely be fun ;)

I am so so happy, something in making a commitment officially doesn´t leave a cynical asshole like me untouched. Everything inside me is blooming with love!

N. Finsternis  

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a great way to celebrate, I love sushi. I had the same problem with my engagement ring. I was sized by a lady in a jewelry shop and she said I was a five and a half so that's what my fiance used as a guide for buying my ring, it turns out I'm a size four! My fingers are super slender. We thought we'd try children's rings but I'm just slightly too big for them lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I know nothing about ring sizes, I always just look for the smallest one.

      Delete
  2. This is great news! Congratulations, and I wish you both many happy years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! you guys are a lovely match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww!! Congratulations! I'm happy for you both. The ring is beautiful, absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We offer top quality of Diamond Engagement Rings, Engagement Nscd Diamond Ring, Nscd Diamond Ring at affordable price.
    Diamond Engagement Rings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I'm so happy for you both - congratulations! I'll try my hardest not to squeal through the computer. I also have an annoying time finding rings that fit, but that one is so pretty it's definitely worth getting it altered. Best wishes again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that´s so sweet Fee thank you so much!!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Honey!

    ReplyDelete