5 August 2014

Feels Like Home

Some photos of our new apartment, or rather the parts of it that I managed to decorate a little bit. Things are still slightly empty, since Boris and I couldn´t bring all of our house decorating stuff from Israel when we moved, and because it is more fun to collect those things here in Berlin and enjoy the new.
I have been crawling into several second hand shops here and there and found some nice fabrics:


Found this beautiful silk fabric in a second hand store. It is actually more of a table cloth than a drapery, it is horizontal and the velvet black panther and leaves pattern is mirrored on the other side of the fabric which you can´t see in the photo. I didn´t want draperies that much because I love opening the windows and to let the sunlight come through, and because we don´t really have hooks for the cloth it sort of hangs not so nicely on the window and I am still trying to figure out how to make use of it, though the window is probably the best place for it anyway ;)


This is not only the half of my necklaces that hang on the wall which Boris helped me to install. I haven´t had my jewelry hung so nicely in front of my eyes and it´s very comfortable to see what do I actually own.


Another lovely cloth (scarf) that I found in a second hand store. We have a lot of bookshelves which came with the flat (it´s a university dorm) and we managed to fill only half of them! This picture is our other room, the "living and Boris´ studio room". You can see the egg cartons glued on the wall for better acoustics (it didn´t work lol). And of course posters everywhere. Need to update poster collection btw.


More than the space we now have for us both I am happy to have a nice place for my altar, which is located on the windowpane in the living room. The windows which are new and were installed shortly after we moved (entire building is being renovated, it´s a bit troubling but for the best!) are really tall and have nicely done windowpanes. I absolutely love windowpanes (we don´t have this type of windows in Israel) and I filled it with candles and magical things. I have also a new black tourmaline crystal added to my collection. It is lovely though so far I enjoy just the clear quartz crystal the most hehe.

I´ve had quite the hardcore hangover weekend which I didn´t plan at all and still sort of resting and lazying my vacation days. I am also having a black metal phase lately and can ONLY listen to Burzum or the occasional Darkthrone. I have no idea what has happened, maybe since I have been wanting to enjoy black metal for so many years but for some reason couldn´t.... so now I am feasting upon the dark atmosphere and trying to ignore the fact that Varg Virkernes is painfully beautiful but has awful racist ideology in his head.


N. Finsternis

8 comments:

  1. Looking really pretty! I'm glad you managed to find a flat that you're happier with; I might share photos of my accommodation this year, if I do it up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. making our apartment look nice takes time since we don´t have much stuff. But we did manage to bring rugs and sitting cushions to the living room to make it cosy :)

      Delete
    2. Hah, I have the opposite problem, with too much clutter; my room at university is far too small, and crowding it with everything I own is too much aesthetically and also for a clear mental space. I love a good rug, though. :)

      Delete
    3. Rugs are great, I want to get more for our flat to cover the cream-dust colored floor which I dislike :P

      Delete
  2. I love the shawl on the bookshelf idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope to collect more fabrics in the future and hang them around the house.

      Delete
  3. The fabric with the black panter is wonderful, what a nice thrift find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I was surprised to find something like this as well!

      Delete