20 August 2017

The Darkling Tag

I haven't been around here in a while. I wanted to write more personal stuff and there were many things holding me back. Wanting to go back to the classic emo-blogging suddenly looks like a heavy emotional burden.
Natalie tagged me in this one so I thought - here's a fun way to start blogging again. Questions provided by Graveyard Kittens.

I tag Ra and The Mutant Stomp Friends.


1. What is your favourite candle scent? 
Don't have one. I'm an incense person.

2. Do you have a favourite book?
My all time favorite book is The Shadow of the Wind by Calos Ruiz Zafon. Very goth, very coming of age, very Barcelona *starts crying*.

3. Are you a tea or coffee person?
At work - coffee. At home - tea.

4. What is your favourite perfume/cologne?
The one Boris' mom gave me (aka the free perfume).

5. Do you have a celebrity crush?
Harry Treadaway, Ariana Grande and the one and only - Eva Green.



6. If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be?
I would rather not come back to that, thanks.

7. What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad?
Install air conditioning (ehm Germany!)

8. What song always makes you happy (doesn't have to be a goth band?)
Get this israeli gem - a new wave, yiddish inspired reggae song by the israeli singer songwriter Ehud Banai. It's called Yiddishe Rastaman. Give it a listen, it's priceless.

9. Are you active in the arts (eg. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)?
Played classical music in the past, now I'm still looking to join a band as a singer.

10. What is your number one non-gothy hobby? 
Listening to non-gothy music.



Thought Provokers:

If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be and why?
I'll be boring - a vampire. I want to see how humanity changes over time.

What horror monster-bases super power would you have?
Ugh - drinking blood I guess?

Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths or gothy people (online or irl)? Why or why not? 
It really depends on what you interact with these people about. When it comes to music - I feel highly uncomfortable because you get judged on your tastes to no end, even from the people you least expect it.
I love interacting with irl goths about online goths and vice versa lol.

Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture?
More post punk, less minimal synth. Don't let me get fucking starting on the lack of guitar music and presence of mediocre and repetitive electronic music!
Being open minded about other people's taste in music would also be a good start.

Care to share an embarrassing story related to your "darkliness"?
Being such a late bloomer when it comes to style. That was pretty fucking embarrassing. I do not regret it though.

How are you at DIY?
I can pull of the basic clothes and jewelry diy.


Confessional (aka True or False):

I love watching cheese romance films.
False. I usually can't stand them. I love watching cheesy fantasy movies though hehe.

I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night.
YES and YES! Sleeping with your makeup is the worst thing you can do to your face. Don't do it.

I sleep with plushies.
You bet - I have a hedgehog, a cat and furry goat plushie. And you'll flip when you'll see our armadillo plushie! Boris and I loved toys in bed.

I wear non-black pyjamas most nights.
False. I sleep naked, or with a black tank top.

I think Andrew Eldrich is overrated.
Yup. I don't need to tell you how much I hate him and his Sisters of Mercy band.

I don't like vampires.
False.

I don't like clubs.
False.

I don't enjoy graveyards. 
I do, but I would never make a gothy photoshoot in one, out of respect.

Blood makes me queasy.
Not always - if I know how to stop it and the source of it, I'm usually ok with it. I still don't enjoy looking at it and the thought of blood connecting to physical pain is what terrifies me most.

I'd sooner faint than pet a spider.
Nah, they're ok.

I don't like haunted houses.
False - yet I am too scared to go into them most of the time.

I've never read Dracula.
lol true. So embarrassed...

I think "Bela Lugosi's Dead" is a long and boring song.
Fucking false! Only one of the best example of post punk combined with dub.


Maria

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your crush on Eva Green, she's a fox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I WISH I can talk to irl goths about online goths. all of my irl goth friends do not follow online goths, so when I want to complain about certain online superstars gluing shit to their foreheads (and the like), my friends are like "what on earth are you talking about?" Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete