20 January 2015

My lipstick collection part III of IV: Browns + a black one

This would be the shortest post in the series, since I own only 2 shades of brown. I began using browns only last year, thinking at first that brown is such a boring color, but was happy to discover it´s true magic.
I love how browns have this vintage-y look to them, and I love to combine them with a brown smokey eye. I am happy that it looks good with my orange hair too.

1. Golden Rose 110 

I now realize that I have at least one Golden Rose for each shade in my collection! This one however turned out to be a lot brighter than expected, and as I can´t emphasize my love for this brand enough, this shade seems quite transparent when applied and doesn´t last that long, in contrast to the other lipsticks that I have. Weird, I still love it for an everyday look though.



 2. Careline B10 in Bohemian Brown

Careline is an Israeli makeup brand. Thex are cruelty free and I have 2 lipsticks by them. I am really happy about this deep brown, I asked my mom to buy it for me, then she shipped it together with other stuff as a present for the holidays.
This is a very nice brown, stays well and looks this deep with just one coat. The only disadvantage is that Careline are pretty pricey.



3. Random black
dirty fingers, sorry!
Unlike a lot of alternative makeup-using people, I go from the conclusion that there is no one perfect black lipstick in this world. Some people use eyeliner to achieve black lips, some buy expensive glosses or lip stainers, but I stick to this one halloween black since I was like 17. This lipstick is indeed a good number of years old and is so dry you need to scar you lips while applying it.
But- mix it with chapstick and you get the most soothing, soft and cold black there it. It also lasts long despite the chapstick, so I am very happy with this one.

Tip: if you love buying cheapy halloween black lipsticks, I suggest buy the dryest one if you have an option to test it. Soft cheap lipsticks tend to look transparent on the lips, and it´s safer to go with the dry ones since you can always mix them up. 

 I happened to put too much powder foundation on my lips before applying it, that´s why the black looks almost blue. When applied on clean lips it looks a lot warmer.

Next post is the last one in the series featuring my beloved purples/ dark reds. Stay tuned!

N. Finsternis

4 comments:

  1. Ok, you've won me over with the browns. Those look awesome. I'm going to try a few

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shades! I too used to have a brown lipstick that looked a lot like the one you presented second, though it was some weird cheap brand (and its packing looked like the one of your black lipstick) and I too loved to match it with brownish smokey eye make up. :) Just two weeks ago I bought a new even darker brown but have not yet tested how it actually looks on lips. Must do it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh do share with us how it looks like!

      Delete